COVID-19 Lunch talks
COVID-19 and the corresponding policy measures to mitigate the impact of the dispersion of this virus among the population have an important impact on our society and correspondingly the transport sector was significantly impacted. To get an insight into the impact of COVID-19 on the transport sector, the BIVEC-GIBET organizes a series of lunch talks that tackle different aspects of this impact.
The programme will be updated as soon as the different talks have been confirmed.
- April 2, 12h30-13h30: Prof. dr. Niel Hens (Hasselt University & Antwerp University) - Mathematical models of SARS-CoV-2 for Belgium
- April 30, 12h30-13h30: Prof. dr. Nico Van de Weghe (Ghent University) & Prof. dr. Roel Gevaers (University of Antwerp) - The COVID-vaccination centers from a logistical and geographical perspective
- May 7, 12h30-13h30: Prof. dr. Veronique Van Acker (LISER & UGent) - COVID-19 and its impact on activity & travel behaviour: an introduction
- May 21, 12h30-13h30: M.Sc. Hannah Hook (UGent) - More time for undirected travel: Implications for post-pandemic travel and mobility?
- June 4, 12h30-13h30: Dr. Koos Fransen (VUB) - Did COVID-19 exacerbate transport-related social exclusion? A quantitative survey on individuals' mobility barriers in Belgium before and during the lockdown
- June 18, 12h30-13h30: M.Sc. Marie-José Olde Kalter (Goudappel Coffeng) - Post COVID-19 teleworking and car use intentions in the Netherlands
- TBA, 12h30-13h30: Dr. Heleen Buldeo (Université Gustave
Eiffel) & Prof. dr. Lieselot Vanhaverbeke (VUB) - TBA